Thursday 9 October 2014

Forever by Judy Blume

Forever
Judy Blume

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆



There's a first for everything.

When you build up something in your mind—really imagine it, wish for it—sometimes, when it actually happens, it doesn't live up to your expectations.

True love is nothing like that.

Especially not for Katherine and Michael, who can't get enough of each other. Their relationship is unique: sincere, intense, and fun all at the same time. Although they haven't been together all that long, they know it's serious. A whole world opens up as young passion and sexuality bloom.

But it's senior year of high school, and there are big changes ahead. Michael and Katherine are destined for another big "first": a decision. Is this the love of a lifetime, or the very beginning of a lifetime of love?


At first I only thought this book was okay. It was insta-love, and I thought it would be cheesy. Which it kind of was. But I loved it's cheesiness. I loved Erica and thought she had a LOT of character. Way more than our MC, Katherine, who plays tennis. That's all. Oh.. She dances too. But apart from that, she's just a modest girl who devotes her life to Michael. She has no personality, I just know that she is very, very boring.



Michael was annoying and melodramatic at first but I got to become fond of him in a slight way. I became fond of their relationship. I liked Artie. And I LOOOVED Jamie! She was an awesome younger sister. She, again, had more personality than Kath. I wouldn't mind if she was the main character, because at times, reading from Kath's pov was booooorrring. While she went on about "the trees! the grass! the bridges! I was like
I DONT CARE.


The more intimate scenes were a little strange at first but I got used to it. There were a few!
It was a pretty good book, and I really liked it. But it wasn't one that I connected with much, so I can only give it four stars. The non-spoiler part of the review has to be pretty short because... Well.... That's really all to say about the book that wouldn't ruin it for anyone.

the spoiler sessions!


Okay, once she went off to camp I was worried there would be trouble. She met Theo and I was like... Uh oh...



But I still thought it would be okay. And then... When Kath and Michael broke up I felt really shocked. Especially when they never got back together. I thought they could fix things, that it was really forever.. But then the last few lines prove that I was wrong.

"Go ahead... And Kath..."
"Yes?"
"Theo called."

 


 



I checked for a next page, but there wasn't one. How could this happen? I honestly still can't wrap my head around it. This sucks. But it's a beautiful pain you get at the end of the book, when you think maybe you read wrong and it said Michael instead of Theo, and then you realise it does say Theo. I do recommend this book, if you can get through some awkward stuff.

 
Sorry the review wasn't longer but it was a short book, and there isn't much else to say about it.
Four stars.
 
Until the next time! xo,xo
                                                         >> ----->ARIA\EMMI<-----<<

No comments:

Post a Comment