Saturday 25 October 2014

Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian

Ashes to Ashes
Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
★ ★ ★ ★ ★


New Year's Eve ended with a bang and Mary, Kat and Lillia may not be prepared for what is to come.
After Rennie's death, Kat and Lillia try to put the pieces together of what happened to her. They both blame themselves. If Lillia hadn't left with Reeve... If Kat had only stayed with Rennie... Things could have been different. Now they will never be the same.
Only Mary knows the truth about that night. About what she is. She also knows the truth about Lillia and Reeve falling in love, about Reeve being happy when all he deserves is misery, just like the misery he caused her. Now their childish attempts at revenge are a thing of the past and Mary is out for blood. Will she leave anything in her wake or will all that remain be ashes?


I fell in love with this book series. I remember I put off reading it for months, but one night I finally sat down and opened burn for burn.
And I devoured it.
When my copy of this book was ready at the library, I was so excited. I was screaming happily, and when I got it I kept taking pictures of me and the book, and I kept staring at the cover. And the book did not disappoint.
Just like the other two, the book starts with an intriguing line, and it makes you desperate to read more. I started this book at 4:30 pm and finished it at 10:54 pm. I didn't take any breaks other than a brief dinner. The conclusion was absolutely perfect. Everything I wanted to know was resolved. (Spoilers will be tagged) I loved everything, but Mary creeped me out a lot. It had a lot more paranormal stuff in this book, and you get to see Mary and Reeve deeper as people.
You also get to see the aftermath of Rennies death, which shocked me in fire with fire. I understand why people would be unhappy about Reeve and Lillia. I personally didn't like the relationship very much, though there were times when I was rooting for them. I was a bit unhappy with the ending, though the whole Mary thing was mostly resolved nicely. I was spoiled for some of the ending but not too badly, which was very good :)
The book was easy to read and flowed perfectly, as did the first two. I honestly want a tv show- and have the perfect cast.

Mary- Emily Osment.
Kat- Ashley Benson
Reeve- Devon Bostick
Lillia- Mao Inoue
Rennie- Chloe Grace Moretz
Ashlin- Shay Mitchell

I felt some parts of the story were glossed over, which disappointed me a tiny bit.
But it's not bad enough to not give the book five stars. (Of course!)



The spoiler sessions!
I really didn't like that Lillia and Alex ended up together. I love Kat and Alex :,( I also wanted Mary to somehow become alive again. But I like the ending for that enough, so that's okay.. I guess. I do like that it makes me realise we can't always have a perfect ending. Even if Kat wants to be with Alex... tough luck. You get what you get.  I don't think that Kats dad would realistically believe that the dog was run over- he had a huge hole through him! But maybe he didn't get a close look.. But I kind of got the feeling he would, you know? Oh well. And, uh, yeah. Ashlin was.... Ashlin. Only she sort of  turned into a mild version of Rennie in my opinion :\

sorry for the short review :( you will get a REALLY long one for The Perfectionists though XD so yeah, until the next time!
xx Aria\Emmi

No comments:

Post a Comment