Tuesday 14 July 2015

Mates, Dates series by Cathy Hopkins books 7-8

301030

Mates, Dates and Sequin Smiles
Cathy Hopkins
★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆


Izzie, Lucy, and T. J. crowded round and stared at me, like they were waiting for a circus freak to begin her act. I shook my head. "You're going to have to open your mouth some time," said Lucy. "Come on, put your hand down." I shook my head. "It's horrible. I look like a can opener."
Nesta is devastated. She has to wear braces. She thinks that no boy will ever look at her again without thinking of the killer shark in Jaws. And practicing a smile that doesn't show her teeth isn't helping. There's only one option: to become a recluse.
Lucy, Izzie, and T. J. try to help Nesta understand that her looks haven't changed, but Nesta's not convinced. Things change, however, when she meets Luke, who not only restores her confidence in her ability to attract boys, but also introduces her to a whole new side of her personality.
 


These books are draining my will to live. This book just proves how vain and idiotic Nesta is. This was also the slowest book, and all the backstory with Luke and Nesta's families was just added to make conflict. The characters were just as dumb as ever, and it looks like next book will be another round of Lucy and Tony kiss, he pressures her to have sex, and she dumps him. Greeaaaat.
These girls are so annoying. If I met any of them in real life- especially Nesta and TJ- I'd slap them.

They not only treat guys like trash, they treat each other awfully too.




301033

Mates, Dates, and Tempting Trouble
Cathy Hopkins
★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
Synopsis from Goodreads-

""I wonder what would have happened if I'd met you before Nesta," said Luke as he took my hand and looked deeply into my eyes. A bolt of electricity shot through me and I snatched my hand back as if it had been burnt. This can't be happening, I thought."
When Luke, the boy that Nesta has been dating, declares passionate love for T.J., she doesn't know what has hit her. She does her best to avoid him, but when the local schools are asked to work together on a project, Luke is chosen as the overall coordinator and T.J. has no choice but to report back to him on a regular basis. Misunderstandings and miscommunications threaten the girls' friendship and split them into two camps: Lucy and Nesta, Izzie and T.J. Will their friendship survive? And what will T.J.'s steady boyfriend, Steve, make of it all?


This book absolutely DISGUSTED ME. I think cheating, for any reason, is NEVER okay. TJ is a pathetic excuse for a human being. She keeps trying to make the reader feel bad for her. GUESS WHAT? I'm not going to fall for it. These books are the definition of anti-feminism.

Wow, these books are great for girls to read. Then they will think it's okay to treat boys like rubbish, date their friends boyfriends, and backstab their friends. Perfect!

Why am I even continuing this series?

No comments:

Post a Comment